Cost of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a long-term option to replace missing or damaged teeth. Unlike conventional dentures or dental bridges, which rest on top of the gums, dental implants are surgically implanted into the jaw bone. They are screw-like posts usually made of titanium and act as artificial tooth roots and provide a more secure and durable foundation for replacement teeth.
Dental implants look and function like natural teeth and stimulate bone growth. They can help prevent bone degradation and further deterioration of the gums and jaw. The caring dentists at Hills Family Dental Centre are highly trained and experienced in performing dental implant surgery. We believe that dental implants are an excellent option for those who are looking to replace missing or damaged teeth.
Don’t hesitate to contact Hills Family Dental Centre today if you want to learn more about implants or wish to schedule an implant consultation appointment at our dental clinic.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost
Dental implants are gaining popularity as an alternative to traditional tooth replacement options. One of the main advantages of dental implants is that they look and feel just like your actual teeth. In addition, they are much more durable than other tooth replacement options, and they can last for a long time with proper care.
The exact cost will depend on several factors, including the type of dental implants and how many teeth need to be replaced. The approximate cost of a single tooth implant starts at $5,000. An All-on-4 dental implant treatment starts at $22,000 per arch, while an implant-supported bridge starts at $6,000. If you need other dental treatments before implants can be placed, such as gum disease treatment or bone grafting, there will be additional costs.
Dental implants are usually worth the investment despite their high cost, as they can provide you with a beautiful and functional smile that will last for years. They offer a natural look and feel and allow you to eat and speak normally.
If you are considering dental implants, please schedule an implant consultation at Hills Family Dental Centre. The caring dentists at our dental practice will be happy to discuss your treatment options and provide you with accurate implant treatment costs.
Book Your Dental Implant Consultation Today
We Accept All Health Funds and
Have Multiple Payment Plan Options
To Suit Your Needs
Frequently Asked Questions
About the Cost of Dental Implants
The actual cost of a dental implant procedure will vary depending on several factors:
- The most important factor is the number of lost teeth that need to be replaced. Replacing a single tooth will generally be less expensive than replacing multiple teeth.
- The material used for the implant is another factor affecting dental implant cost. Titanium is the most common material used for dental implants and is also the most expensive. Other materials, such as zirconia, can be more budget-friendly.
- Another cost variable is the type of dental implant. In endosteal implants, the implant is placed directly into the jaw bone as opposed to subperiosteal implants, which are placed beneath the gum but above the jaw bone surface. It is more expensive to place an endosteal implant than a subperiosteal implant, but endosteal implants also have greater stability.
- The location of the implants can also affect the price. Implants in the front of the mouth are less expensive than implants in the back because they are easier to place.
- The case’s complexity will also play a role in determining the cost. More complex procedures, such as those that require bone grafts or sinus lifts due to bone deficiencies, will generally be more expensive than simpler ones. In some cases, other dental treatments may also be necessary before implant placement, such as periodontal disease treatment, tooth extraction, and wisdom teeth removal, which would incur additional costs.
- The cost of sedation dentistry can also play a role in the overall price of dental implants. For example, intravenous (IV) sedation is more expensive than oral sedation.
Dental implants are a long-term investment. This surgical procedure can initially seem expensive, but it is important to remember that dental implants are meant to last longer than any other replacement teeth.
The cost of providing this dental service is high since high-quality dental implant posts, abutments, and dental crowns are all expensive. In addition to the cost of the materials, you also pay for the time and skills of the dentist.
The dental procedure takes at least six months to complete, and it is important to choose a dental health professional with extensive experience to get results of exceptional quality. For all these reasons, dental implants are an investment in oral health that can provide years of healthy teeth.
The answer depends on your health fund provider and level of dental cover. Some private health insurance companies may cover a fraction of dental implant treatment costs, while others do not cover any costs. However, most dental health plans provide some dental implant coverage with a major dental extras cover.
So if you’re considering dental implants, please check with your insurance provider to see what level of coverage you have.
Hills Family Dental Centre offers a range of payment options to help make dental implants more affordable. Depending on your level of dental cover, your health fund may pay some of the cost.
We also offer interest-free payment plans to help cover some of the cost and spread out payment. You can also apply for early release of your superannuation through SuperCare.
Our friendly team can provide more information about payment options and help you choose the most suitable option for your needs. Contact Hills Family Dental Centre today to learn more about our implant services and payment options.