Dental Bridges in Kalamunda
Hills Family Dental Centre offers bridges as a way to replace your missing teeth and give you back your smile. A bridge is a set of false teeth, known as pontics, attached to crowns. The crowns are placed over the natural teeth on either side of the gap left by the missing tooth or teeth.
Bridges are either fixed or removable and are usually made of porcelain, metal, or a combination of the two. Fixed bridges are cemented in place, while removable bridges can be taken out for cleaning.
The experienced team of dentists at Hills Family Dental Centre can help you choose the right type of bridge for your needs. Contact us today to book a consultation appointment.
Common Dental Problems that Dental BridgesCan Address
Dental bridges are a common dental treatment for addressing several dental problems. They can help with bite problems, fill in gaps where missing teeth used to be, and improve the appearance of your smile.
Bite problems, or malocclusion, occur when teeth don't meet properly. There are many causes of malocclusion, including genetics, thumb sucking, and early or late loss of baby teeth. It can cause several issues, including pain in the jaw and face and difficulty chewing and speaking.
Tooth loss can have a big impact on your appearance and your oral health. The roots of your teeth provide stimulation that helps to keep the bone healthy. Missing teeth cause the bone around them to deteriorate. In addition, tooth loss can make it difficult to chew properly and affect the way you speak.
Book An Appointment Today And Experience Amazing Dental Care
Why Choose Hills Family Dental Centre
Hills Family Dental Centre offers high-quality dental bridges designed to last many years with proper care. The experienced and caring dentists at our practice use only the latest technology and techniques so that your dental bridge looks and feels great.
We are committed to providing gentle, high-quality dental care.
Hills Family Dental Centre offers the latest in dental bridge technology.
We offer a wide range of payment options at Hills Family Dental Centre to help make dental care more affordable.
The friendly team of professionals at Hills Family Dental Centre has extensive experience and is dedicated to providing personalised service for our patients.
We take pride in our reputation for providing excellent service and are committed to making each patient’s experience as comfortable as possible.
We know that getting dental work done can be anxiety-inducing, so we use modern methods and equipment to make it a positive experience for our patients.
We are up-to-date on the latest advancements in dentistry to make your bridge both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
We accept all major health funds and certain government benefits, such as the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) and DVA Health Cards. We also offer third-party financing, which can help you spread the cost of dental care over time.
We aim for everyone to have access to the dental care they need, and we’re proud to offer various payment options to help make that happen.
Our patients will have the peace of mind knowing they are receiving care at a facility that meets the highest safety and quality standards. When you choose us for dental bridges, you can be confident you are receiving exceptional patient care.
Our commitment to our patients is fundamental, and we always work to provide a first-class dental experience.
We Accept All Health Funds and
Have Multiple Payment Plan Options
To Suit Your Needs
Frequently Asked Questions
About Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are an important part of restoring your smile after tooth loss. The bridge is attached to the teeth on both sides of the gap, and false teeth are used to fill in the space. It not only improves your smile’s appearance but also helps prevent further tooth loss by protecting the abutment teeth from wear and tear.
The placement of a dental bridge is a simple process that can be completed in two visits to our office. First, the abutment teeth are prepared for placement. It involves removing a small amount of enamel from the abutment teeth, which allows the bridge to be attached securely. Then, impressions are taken of the teeth and sent to a dental lab for fabrication.
Once the bridge is complete, it is placed over the abutment teeth and secured with adhesive. You will then be able to enjoy a beautiful, functional smile!
Bridges are one of the most popular dentistry options for replacing missing teeth. And it’s no wonder why — they offer many benefits that can improve your quality of life.
- Dental bridges can restore your beautiful smile. If you’re self-conscious about your missing teeth, bridges can give you back the confidence to show off your smile.
- Dental bridges can make it easier to eat properly again. You may find it difficult to chew food properly if you’re missing teeth. It can lead to digestive problems and nutrition deficiencies. Bridges can help you eat more easily and get the nutrients your body needs.
- Dental bridges can improve your speech. If you have missing teeth, the gaps may be causing you to mumble or slur your words. Bridges can improve your ability to speak clearly and confidently.
- Dental bridges can preserve the shape of your face. When you lose teeth, the bones in your jaw begin to shrink. It can change the shape of your face and make you look older than you are. Dental bridges help to prevent this bone loss and keep your face looking young and healthy.
Right after getting dental bridges, it is normal to experience numbness in your mouth, gums, and tongue. It is because of the local anesthetic, and it will take some time to wear off. To avoid biting your tongue or mouth, do not eat or drink until the numbness has completely worn off. Also, do not drive after the dental procedure, especially if you had anesthesia or sedation.
Once the anesthesia wears off, it is normal to experience some tenderness, bleeding, and tooth sensitivity. These symptoms should only last for a few days. You may also notice that your teeth feel different. This is due to the bridge attached to your existing teeth. That feeling will go away as soon as you get used to wearing your dental bridge.
Dental bridges are an excellent way to replace missing teeth and restore your smile. But like any other dental restoration, bridges require care to stay clean and functional. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your bridges:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. It will help remove plaque and food debris from the pontic teeth and keep your gums healthy.
- Floss between each pontic tooth daily. Get underneath the bridge and clean out any food particles or plaque build-up.
- Ensure that you see your dentist regularly for dental check-ups and cleanings. They will be able to give your bridge a thorough cleaning and check for any issues.
- Avoid hard, sticky, and chewy foods. These can damage the pontic teeth or loosen the supporting crowns.
- Avoid foods and drinks high in sugar and acid. Sugar can cause cavities, while acid can erode tooth enamel. Both can lead to problems with your dental bridge. Try to limit sugary snacks and acidic beverages like soda, coffee, and citrus juices.
The good news is that this dentistry procedure is relatively pain-free. Your dentist will numb the area with local anesthesia before starting work on your dental bridge.
Once the dental bridge is placed, you might feel uncomfortable while you’re getting used to wearing it. However, you should not feel any pain. If you do experience pain, please get in touch with your dentist.
Dental bridges differ in cost according to the type of bridge and the number of missing teeth that need to be replaced. Bridges start at around $1,350.
If you are considering dental bridges, please call Hills Family Dental Centre to schedule a consultation appointment. Our friendly customer care team will be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a cost estimate.