What To Expect During a Dental Implant Consultation
Dental implants are a popular solution for missing teeth, but they are not for everyone. An implant consultation is a dental examination to determine if a patient is suitable for dental implants.
During the consultation, the dentist will assess the patient’s overall oral health and examine the condition of the gums and jaw bone. Based on this examination, the dentist can determine if the patient is a good candidate for dental implants.
Are you considering having dental implants? Schedule an implant consultation at Hills Family Dental Centre today, and our experienced dentist will examine your teeth and discuss your options with you.
What should I expect during an
An implant consultation is an important step in the dental implant process. Here is what you can expect during an implant consultation.
Your dentist will examine your teeth and gums to assess your oral health.
Your dentist will review your medical history to ensure you don't have any condition that can complicate the procedure and your recovery.
Using an x-ray, your dentist will evaluate the density of your jaw bone to determine if there is enough bone to support the implant.
Your dentist will create a treatment plan for you. This will include the number and type of implants you'll need, any procedure required before the implant surgery, and the cost of treatment.
Book Your Dental Implant Consultation Today
At Hills Family Dental Centre, we are proud to offer our patients the services of our highly experienced implant dentists.
The Hills Family Dental Centre offers the latest dental technology, including implantology.
Hills Family Dental Centre understands that dental costs can be a burden, so we offer a wide range of payment options.
Hills Family Dental Centre assures you that we are an ADA-accredited dental practice.
Our implant consultation services help you understand your options and choose the treatment that would benefit you the most. We will work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your needs and goals, and we will be there every step of the way to ensure that you are comfortable and confident with your new smile.
Our dentists have years of experience providing high-quality dental care and are up-to-date on the latest advancement in oral healthcare. With our modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment, we are able to provide our patients with excellent dental services.
We accept all major insurance plans, including NIB, HBF, Medibank and CBHS. In addition, we offer a Fund My Dental payment plan for patients who need assistance with financing their care. We also accept Supercare, DVA, and CDBS card holders.
This means that we have met the ADA’s rigorous standards for safety, infection control, sterilisation and more. We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of care and will always put your safety first.
We Accept All Health Funds and
Have Multiple Payment Plan Options
To Suit Your Needs
Frequently Asked Questions
About Implant Consultation
Dental implants offer the following advantages over other types of tooth replacements:
- Closest restoration to natural teeth. They are anchored in the jawbone, so they function and feel like your natural teeth.
- Lasts for a long time with proper care. With regular brushing and flossing, plus regular visits to the dentist, they can last for decades.
- Better retention. Dental implants are surgically embedded in the jawbone, providing a more secure foundation for the replacement tooth.
- Prevents bone loss. Bone begins to deteriorate when you lose a tooth. An implant prevents this by providing stimulation to the jaw bone.
- Keep adjacent teeth stable. When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth can shift out of position, leading to spaces and bite problems. Dental implants help prevent this by keeping the surrounding teeth in place.
- Prevents facial sagging and premature ageing. Dental implants support the facial muscles of the cheeks and lips, maintaining the shape of the face.
Dental implants are considered to be a safe and effective treatment option. The success rate for dental implants is very high, and complications are relatively rare. In addition, the risks of dental implant surgery are similar to those of other dental procedures. With proper care, these risks and complications can be easily managed.
If you are considering dental implants, be sure to consult with a qualified dentist to ensure that the procedure will be safe for you.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the surgery. The anaesthesia can take a few hours to wear off, so it’s important to have someone else take you home.
- Plan your food for the next few days. You’ll want to stick to a soft diet while your mouth heals.
- Fix your schedule so you can rest for a few days. Recovery from surgery can take a few days, so it’s important to have some time set aside to rest and heal.
- Ask your dentist about anaesthesia or sedation options. This can help you decide which pain management procedure should be used for the surgery.
By taking these steps, you can help ensure a successful dental implant surgery.
The cost of dental implants can vary depending on several factors, including the type of implant, the number of implants needed, and the location of the dentist. On average, the cost of a dental implant starts from $5000 per tooth.
While this may seem like a lot of money upfront, it is important to remember that dental implants are a lifetime investment. They can last for decades with proper care, making them a more cost-effective solution in the long run.